Answered By: McLean Dobbins Last Updated: Sep 22, 2020 Views: 71
Printing in Addlestone Library is easy! There are two basic steps involved: SENDING and RELEASING print jobs. Printing is available during the library's hours of operation.
In order to print your documents, please follow the instructions below.
To SEND print jobs to the printers in Addlestone Library, please use the following instructions:
USING A LIBRARY COMPUTER
- Sign into a Library computer with your MyCharleston username and password.
- Print your document to the cloud. In most programs, Print is found under the File menu.
- Select CloudPrint as your printer (if it is not already selected), and click Print.
- You may go to any printer to release the print jobs you just sent to the cloud.
USING YOUR OWN DEVICE
- Ensure that your device (i.e., laptop, tablet, etc.) is signed into the eduroam WiFi network.
- Determine the operating system of your device (e.g., iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows).
- Follow the instructions on the Student Instructional Technology Services website.
- You may go to any printer in the Library (or the Education Center Atrium) to release your job.
To RELEASE print jobs from the printers in Addlestone Library, please use the following instructions:
USING A PRINT RELEASE STATION
The first floor has two print release stations equipped with monitors and keyboards. These are Earth and Mars.
- Sign into the release station with your MyCharleston username and password.
- You will see your list of print jobs. Click Print for the job(s) that you want to release.
USING YOUR PHONE (CONTACTLESS)
Each floor has one mobile only print release station. These are Venus (on the first floor), Jupiter (on the second floor), and Saturn (on the third floor).
The following instructions are also posted at the mobile only printers.
- Ensure that your phone is signed into the eduroam WiFi network.
- Scan the QR code at the Venus, Jupiter, or Saturn printers, and sign in using your MyCharleston
username (not your full email) and password.
- If it is the first time you have signed in, you will see the full list of printers. Select the printer you
wish to use (Venus, Jupiter, or Saturn).
- After selecting the printer, you will see your list of print jobs. Select the job(s) that you want to
release, and select Release.
If you need additional help, please visit the Access & Instruction Desk or the IT Service Desk located on the first floor of Addlestone Library.