Answered By: Gretchen Scronce Last Updated: May 19, 2022 Views: 32
Addlestone Library's first floor is undergoing a transformation! Upon completion of the project, Addlestone will feature:
- Additional collaborative spaces for students
- An expanded Access and Instruction Desk to support student and faculty research
- Two professional podcast studios
- Permanent exhibit drawn from the collection of the John M. Rivers Communications Museum
Addlestone Library expects to remain open during all phases of renovation.
Important dates for summer 2022:
- May 3: All Access & Instruction Services will be available in person at the service desk at the Rivers Green entrance and online at answers.library.cofc.edu
- May 9: Construction begins.
- August 8: Initial renovation set to wrap up for the start of the fall semester on August 22.
The following entrances and areas of Addlestone Library will be temporarily closed during summer 2022:
- Calhoun Street Entrance
- Main Access and Instruction Desk
- Rooms 120, 121, 122 and 127
The Rivers Green Entrance and Service Desk; rooms 227, 236 and 360; Special Collections, Starbucks (8 a.m. – 2 p.m.); and the loading dock will remain open throughout the summer.
To avoid disruption to students and faculty, the major phases of renovation are slated to occur during summer and winter breaks.