Answered By: Gretchen Scronce Last Updated: Nov 23, 2021 Views: 0
Adding a librarian to an OAKS course provides an easy way for students to contact a librarian associated with the course and for the librarian to take part in class OAKS discussions and to add news items.
If a librarian has not been assigned to your class, please use this form to request a librarian to assist in the research aspect(s) of your OAKS course. Once a librarian has been assigned, please follow the steps below to add the librarian to your course.
- From your course page in OAKS click on Communication and use the drop down to select Classlist
- Select Add Participants.
- Select Add Existing Users.
- Under the Add Existing Users option, use the Search For box to search for a librarian’s first name, last name or email (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or Elena Rodriguez). Click the magnifying glass or hit return.
- Check the box next to the librarian’s account.
- To the right of the librarian’s name, set the role as appropriate to Librarian and choose the appropriate section.
- Select Enroll Selected Users at the bottom of the page to add the librarian to your course.
Questions? Email Elena Rodriguez, Instruction Coordinator, at email@example.com.