Q. How do I start a museum?
A few notes to consider when creating a museum are
- How much physical space do you have to use?
- Is this a permanent or temporary museum/exhibit?
- Do you have insurance? Does the insurance cover the structure and the artifacts?
- When are you trying to open?
- The scope of the narrative you are trying to tell
- Do you have documents or artifacts to help tell this story? or are you seeking to get other people, archives, libraries, etc. to loan or donate materials.
- Who will be writing the narrative/text for the museum?
- Staffing and Security
- Will the museum be open to the public
- When are the hours of operation
- Do you have the money or are you seeking donations?
- Does the money cover the staffing and operations
Was this helpful? 0 0