Answered By: Jolanda-Pieta (Joey) van Arnhem M.F.A., M.L.I.S. Last Updated: Feb 27, 2015 Views: 258
Answered By: Jolanda-Pieta (Joey) van Arnhem M.F.A., M.L.I.S.
Last Updated: Feb 27, 2015 Views: 258
You cannot appeal a fine because of:
- A lack of knowledge of our policies (borrowing policy)
- Being out of town
- Failure to receive library notices of any kind
- Failure to notify the library and Cougar Card Services of a lost Cougarcard/library card in a timely manner
- Checking out books for someone else
Before disputing your fine, remember that:
- All books are stamped as patrons checkout at the Circulation desk or they receive a date due receipt from the self-check printer at the time of check-out. It is the patron’s responsibility to know when all items are to be returned.
- You are responsible for any library materials checked out on your record, even if your card has been lost or stolen.
- Failure to log out of the Self Check-Out Machine after its use may leave your record open for others to check-out items on your card, for which you are responsible.
If you feel that you have a valid fine dispute claim, complete the fine dispute form and the Library will be in touch with you.