Answered By: Steven Profit Last Updated: Apr 12, 2016 Views: 24
Here are definitions for each from the Oxford Dictionary of Business Research Methods:
1. The approach to research by which theory and hypotheses are developed from observation and measurement.
2. In which specific information is generalized in the knowledge that the conclusion(s) drawn may not be certain.
1) All privately-owned businesses are profit-maximizers.
2) The Wet Fish Company is a private business.
3) The Wet Fish Company is a profit-maximizer.
If propositions 1) and 2) are factually correct, then the logical conclusion is that proposition 3) is necessarily true.